THIRTEENTH COLOMBIAN FILM INDUSTRY BULLETIN
A project designed by Fedesarrollo for Proimágenes
2. Evolution of Colombian Film Industry
- Attendance figures include films released in December 2016 that continued to be projected in 2017. Attendance at Colombian films decreased by 22.1%.
- In 2017, 14.01% of the films released were Colombian.
- The contribution of Colombian films to total attendance in 2017 was 5.95%.
- The average price of a ticket in Colombia in 2017 was COP 8,706.
- The average price of a ticket in Colombia in USD and adjusted to the CPI for the month of December and the benchmark exchange rate is around $3 USD.
- 3D movies still top the list of movie theater admissions in Colombia.
- The film El Paseo 4 was released on December 22, 2016, but the attendace figures reflect tickets sold in the first months of 2017.
- Of these 19 films, 2 are documentaries (Amazona and Señorita María: Skirting the Mountain) and 1 is an animation film (Lila's Book).